Thursday, September 30, 2010

What a year we've had.

Today is the first anniversary of Nel's passing.  Brings back lots of memories of the emotional  two or three weeks our family went through last year.  Two weddings and two funerals in the span of 15 days.  Lots of miles we put on our vehicles going to Falls City, Kansas City and Pleasant Hill during that time.  Larry's come a long way and doing better than I thought he would.  I can tell Todd still misses his mom a lot, but I hope it's becoming easier for both of them. 

I'm still working on the quilt top I brought home at Christmas, but I use her sewing machine quite a bit.  I used some of her fabric to make a blanket for Josh and Ruth's baby, which I think they probably appreciate.

It's nice to see reminders of both Nel and Rena in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment