Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13, 2010

I couldn't think of a title for this post, so I'm just using the date..  lol

Unfortunately, I haven't been doing much with the family since we got back from Nebraska for Thanksgiving.  I've completed a quilt and have been knitting and crocheting, so you can see that on my "sewing/craft blog".

Today I made Christmas cookies since the grandkids are coming over this weekend to decorate them.  I'll make sure I take pictures then.  (Since we have ceramic tile on the counter tops, I have to roll the cookies out on the stove - at least I can do that instead of having to do it on the table!)
Photobucket

Kate gave me a tip on using powdered sugar to roll them out instead of flour, so I tried that and it really worked!  However, the later cookies were very flat and when cooked they spread out much more than the first ones.  I probably should have used a mixture of flour and powered sugar.  I may try that next time.
Photobucket
Photobucket
One of Todd's co-workers requested some more Malted Milk Chocolate Chip cookies when I met him at the Christmas Party, so I'll do them sometime this week.  I don't have enough chocolate chips, so need to head to the store in the next couple of days.

I also started decorating for Christmas.  I usually do it right after Thanksgiving, but we're having Christmas with Megan and Kate later in January since David, Megan's husband, is getting home from Iraq at the end of December.  So I just put the Christmas tree up last weekend.  Then caught a cold or Cedar Fever, not sure which, but felt bad on Saturday.  I still need to finish, but I can take the rest of the week to do that.  We're really looking forward to being home for Christmas this year.  Since we moved to Texas in 1998, I think this will be the 4th Christmas we'll be home, all the other years we've went to Nebraska.  Now that the grandkids are getting older, I think it's time we are here to start building traditions with them.  And speaking of grandkids, Angel has a birthday this week!!!  On Wednesday he'll turn 6!  (Can't believe it!!!)

Time to put some more cookies in the oven.  Please check back next week for pictures of Christmas Cookie Decorating!

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment