Friday, July 15, 2011

It's just me and Brute in the house now.

We finally got the phone call that Todd's truck was almost done, so we left for Dallas late morning today.  We still had to wait a little bit on it, but soon after we pulled into the dealership parking lot, I saw his truck leave the service parking lot.  (He put a yellow ladder on the headache rack, so I knew for sure it was his.)  They were taking it for a test drive, then the salesman took it over and filled it with fuel.  They told us one of the mechanics also noticed the turbo was leaking, so they put a new one in today, also.  Apparently it's very hard to get the turbos lined up with the other rebuilt part they put in the back (axle).  I'm no mechanic, so I won't claim to have all the right lingo, but suffice it to say, Todd's now on his way to Kansas!!!  A week late, but I'm REALLY hoping this trip turns out better than the last one.  He'll go to Falls City and stay with his dad until Monday. We're hoping he'll be able to leave for his first load Wednesday at the latest.  He'll still have a few things to do when he gets to Keim such as getting their logo on the truck, along with the other DOT numbers and the truck has to be inspected by a Kansas Trooper to make sure it's safe to be registered in Kansas.

We took some more pictures of the truck, both inside and outside (with Todd), so I'll get them uploaded and do another post, but for now it's been a long day and Brute and I are going to head to bed soon.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment