Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's been a while since I've updated my blog.

 The main reason is I'M WORKING AGAIN!!!!  yay!  I started a full-time job a few weeks ago and it's going really well.  I love the people I work with and it's REALLY NICE to be around people all day again!  (Not to mention the money is nice.)  It's been hard getting used to being away from home all day and by the time I get home, I'm tired and I don't get too much done.  I am, however, doing really good at getting up early and working out for 30 minutes on the elipitical machine.  I'm finally to less than what I weighed last year when we went on the cruise!!!!

Todd's been home a couple weekends.  He was home last weekend since it was Labor Day, and he was also home the week before.  Most of his home time is spent working on the truck for some reason or another.  He's had to replace the brakes already and then last weekend he went out to wash the truck good.  If anyone knows Todd, he doesn't do an "OK" job at anything.  He's almost a perfectionist so something that can take one person an hour, it can easily take Todd two or three.  But he's VERY HAPPY being self-employed.  He's making good money, but the expenses of owning his own truck are lots higher.  In the end, he's doing great and is happy, that's all I can hope for him.

Today I decided to bake some cookies.  I'm going to spend the afternoon tomorrow with some friends in Sun City and wanted something to take.  I found a great recipe for Molassas Ginger cookies!molassas ginger cookie

molassas ginger cookies


And what's better than plain cookies?????  Ice cream sandwiches made with the cookies!!!!
Ice cream sandwich made with Molassas ginger cookies

Made with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream and they are WONDERFUL!!!!

I have some sewing that needs to be done, and I'm working on another baby quilt.  I don't think I've ever taken pictures of the first one that I made, but that will be done soon.

Sam's son, Tyler, had joined Boy Scouts this year.  He's pretty excited and his dad is one of the leaders, so it will be nice for them to do that together.  Even though Sam's been around me sewing for YEARS, she still needed me to put his patches on his shirt for her.  They came over this afternoon and I got it done.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment