Thursday, November 8, 2012

It's November and I have some more tomatoes on the vine!!!!

About a month ago, while Tab and the kids were still here, Alyssa was in trouble and throwing a fit, so I decided to go outside and work in the garden.  It gave me some much-needed quiet time - at least until Alyssa came out to try to talk me into over-ruling her Mom.  What I decided to do was cut off all the old branches on the tomato plants.  I was surprised they were still alive, so figured it wouldn't hurt.  I cut them all off and watered the plants good, but was very surprised that when I went back out about a week later there were some tomatoes growing!  I have been meaning to take updated pictures of the garden, so finally went out this morning with my camera.
The Patio Tomato Plant has 8 tomatoes on it - one is red and ready to be picked!  Pretty good for November!!!!
Patio Tomato Plant Nov 2012Patio Tomato Plant Nov 2012

The Heatmaster plants are doing pretty good, too.  Two of the three of them also have a couple green tomatoes on them.
Heatmaster Tomato Plant Nov 2012
Heatmaster Tomato Plant Nov 2012
Heatmaster Tomato Plant Nov 2012

Really hoping they turn red in the next few days since we're supposed to have a cold front come through with temps close to freezing.

The Beefsteak plant totally died and the Roma Tomato plants are still alive, but not producing anything.

The pepper plants are, though!!!!
Bell Pepper Plants Nov 2012

Bell Pepper Plants Nov 2012

Bell Pepper Plants Nov 2012

I think they are in too small of containers because the peppers don't get any bigger than a quarter. Next year I should be able to plant them in something bigger.  We'll see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment