Thursday, March 4, 2010

More changes in our house

 this one was sad.  Todd got up Monday morning to let the dogs outside, and Buddy couldn't even stand up.  His back legs wouldn't work at all and he was whining with pain, so we gave him some pain medicine we had and I sat on the floor with him for a while.  He did eventually get up, but Todd and I had always said we'd never want him to suffer and he's had arthritis for years, but this made us decide he's had a good life and it's time for him to go onto a better place.  So Tuesday morning, we took him to the vet to have him put down.  We both stayed in the room while it was done, but that was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.  The house seems soooo quiet.  I think Brute misses him, too.  He walked around the house whining on Tuesday and seems to have hope that Buddy with be with Todd when he comes home from work.  We adopted Buddy from the Animal Shelter right after we purchased our house in 1999, so he had a long life and will be missed very much.  I'm planning to get a picture frame or show box to put his picture and tags in.
Photobucket

Brute After Haircut 5/29/09


My parents have sold the farm where I grew up, so I'm heading back to Nebraska next week to help them move to the house they purchased in town.  I didn't get to see them at Christmas due to weather, so I'm excited to see them again. My brother from St Louis will be there, too and I haven't seen him since my road trip last August/September. I'll also probably stop in Falls City to see my Father In Law, but not sure when.  I'm off work until after the 15th.

Check out my sewing blog HERE to see what I've sewn this week for my trip!

posted March 4, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment