Friday, March 23, 2012

I guess I'm going back to work on a regular basis.

But only part time (three days a week).  My friend who started there two weeks after I did quit this week (you'd think they'd figure out why they can't keep good employees).  I just happened to be filling in for a few days since someone was at a class, so the boss asked how many days I could work.  We're starting to plan our Christmas in Hawaii and after looking at air fare, I decided that if I worked I could put a big chunk of that money away for the trip.  We're going to try to decide on dates so we can book the flights before fuel goes up and the cost goes even higher.  From our first, brief hunt for flights, I'm thinking we'd be lucky to get our air fare and hotel for 8 or 9 days for $3,000.

 Megan and David should be able to get us reservations for hotel (over $200 per night for Deluxe Ocean Front room).  Todd says he wants to wake up and be able to see the beach and ocean, plus this will be a "once in a lifetime" trip.  (Umm, they'll be there for three years!!! I'm HOPING he likes it so much we'll be able to go back before they leave.)  Plus, McKenna and Carter are growing so fast, it would really be a bummer if we had to go two whole years and not see them in person (skype doesn't count! lol).

The bad part if it is that I don't know if I'd be able to get enough things made to do a craft show this spring.  Maybe I can try for one later in the summer, but then it's REALLY HOT here in Central Texas.  I'll just have to decide what to do.

So, if anyone has any tips on getting low air fare, please let me know!

In other news, one of my friends has a new edition to their family and I got to cat-sit on Monday!!!!
She's an Exotic Shorthair cat and SOOOO CUTE!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

She's just 6 weeks old, so I watcher her while the "human" went to work. lol  Brute really did good with her, I was kind of surprised!   They were nose to nose a few times, but I could never get a picture snapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment