Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm working this week.

It's HARD to get used to getting up, showering and being out the door early!  (Today was extra early since I had to drop off a bill, then took Brute to be groomed before work.)  Not to mention going to work and seeing the changes in computer systems and getting my brain back in the "work mode"!  But it is nice to be back in the working world - and knowing it's for a limited time makes it much more bearable.  I love using the knowledge I have (years ago I was training a new employee and they were wishing there was a way to just "download" all my knowledge into their brain) and I really enjoy spending time with other people and it's nice to feel appreciated by someone other than my husband.  :D   Of course, the extra money will be nice, too (I even scored a raise this time!!).

Since I found out for sure last Friday that I'd be working all week, I planned out my menu this weekend.  Today's supper, Crock Pot Italian Chicken was really good!  I forgot to put it in my little "Crockett" before leaving this morning, so put it in when I was home at lunch, but the two chicken breasts still were cooked completely through.  I made egg noodles to have it on, and one breast was too much!  (Brute got my leftovers.)  The other breast and noodles were put in the fridge for left overs.    I may break that up into two servings if I have it for lunch.

The rest of my supper menu consists of:
Roast with carrots and potatoes (crock pot)
Kung Pau Chicken
No Peek Stew (crock pot)
and Shrimp Fried Rice

I even have the meat already in separate containers and they are marked so I know what day they will be used (except the shrimp, I'm using already cooked shrimp that's frozen now).

The weather this week is supposed to be GREAT!!!  80 tomorrow and upper 70's the rest of the week!  With the time change, I think I'll be in bed early since I'm exhausted from working.

In other news, Todd has a MAJOR Birthday this month - he turns 50!!!  I'd really like to throw a huge party for him, but I never know for sure when he'll be home and I doubt I could pull it off with 24 to 48 hours notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment