Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cruise Journal - Pre-Cruise (6/11/10)

We're back from the cruise, so the next bunch of posts will be my"Cruise Journal" and pictures.  First I'll start out with the beginning of our vacation, on Friday, June 11, 2010.

Royal Caribbean International cruise June 13 to 20, 2010
On the Serenade of the Seas

Pre-cruise
Friday, June 11, 2010

Todd worked in the morning, I had the whole day off to get ready to leave .  Took Brute to the vet/kennel late morning and we left home around 1:30 pm.  Drove to Dallas.  Had a reservation for that night and to keep the car there while we are gone at the Holiday Inn Express South (highly recommend it!) Arrived there around 5:30 pm. Room (#204) was a suite w/  microwave, refrigerator, sink, small table w/ two chairs and desk and a king sized bed .  Our 12th anniversary was on the 8th and we hadn’t celebrated, so we decided to go next door to Red Lobster.  The manager came over and started talking, of course we were so excited about the trip, we had to tell her.  She was SOOO NICE (wish I would have gotten her name).  She asked if we wanted something to drink, so Todd ordered something, I said I couldn’t decide, so she said she’d pick for me if I wanted.  Well, OK, I’m all for new things this week!  She brought me a Cosmopolitan and it was GREAT!  I ended up having 2 and they were pretty strong.  After Todd’s first drink, she asked him if he wanted another one.  He said “I don’t know”, so she said I’ll pick on for you!!!  :D     She brought him a Bacardi Limon and coke -it was strong and really good!  We were both happy! We laughed and told her that it was a good thing we’re staying next door; she said she made the strong only because she knew we were.  At the end of the meal, she asked if we beat the service we get in Austin, and we both had to agree that yes, it was MUCH better service than in Austin!   Lots of fun and what a great way to start our vacation!

Back to the hotel after that, watched a movie (Mama Mia) then went to sleep - early morning tomorrow and a long day of travel.

No pictures for this post, but the rest will have them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment