Monday, April 30, 2012

Garden update

It's been a couple of weeks since I took pictures of the garden, so thought I'd post a few today.  Most everything is growing pretty well.  The Salsa Pepper plant doesn't look too great, but we moved it and maybe getting a little less sun will help it.  I'm hoping so, but we'll see.

On to some pictures:
Here is the whole garden as of t his morning:
Photobucket

And some closer pictures:
Here are the green beans - some of what I planted first didn't grow, so I went back last weekend and replanted some more seeds - they are just now starting to come up.
Photobucket

This is the Cesar Lettuce (for me, I like darker lettuce)
Photobucket

This is lettuce for Todd - he likes the lighter stuff
Photobucket

I found a plastic half whiskey barrel and decided to try some potatoes.  I'm not sure how they will do, but we're trying.  These won't be ready until fall.
Photobucket

Some of the second planting of Red Onions (from bulbs) - the ones I planted in containers are doing better than what I planted in the raised bed - go figure!
Photobucket

One of the Heatmaster Tomato Plants - there's a tiny tomato just starting (it wasn't there yesterday).
Photobucket

I looked and looked for an Orange Bell Pepper plant (because that's Todd's favorite), but couldn't find any.  At Home Depot a couple weeks ago, we find a packet of seeds for red, orange and yellow peppers, so I planted some of them, hoping at least one is an orange one.  They are FINALLY coming up!!!!
Photobucket

I decided to do a second planting of radishes
Photobucket

Todd also wanted some carrots.  We found a packet of seeds for miniature carrots - they only grow to about three inches.
gardenandmakeupbag043012026

Second planting of green onions and the Salsa Pepper Plant
Photobucket

Our first big tomato!!!!!!  Can't wait for it to be ready to eat!
Photobucket

The Cherry Tomato plant has had a couple small tomatoes on it for a week now - hoping they turn red soon!
Photobucket

Green Pepper plant, first planting of Radishes, Cucumbers (still need to build a trellis), and the cherry tomato plant
Photobucket

Second planting of Red Onions, Cilantro (great in eggs for breakfast), Zucchini (also needs trellis), Green Pepper Plant.
Photobucket

So that's it for  now!  Hoping everything stays healthy and happy!!!!  Very anxious to start harvesting!



No comments:

Post a Comment