Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What a busy day yesterday!!!!

Todd was up at 3 am to drive to Buda, TX to deliver his load, then we drove to Taylor to pick up his compressor.  He's going to mount it in our trailer and use it to work on his truck!  After we got that home and unloaded, we made a trip to the local wholesale fencing company.  We've been wanting a garden for a long time, but since we have SOOO MANY deer come through our backyard, they just ate everything we planted.  Todd had built a raised bed soon after we bought the house in 1999, and we used it one year but not since.  We purchased six foot high fencing, so the deer won't be able to jump over it like the can the four foot fence.  Total cost for everything was $400!  But I'm really hoping it pays for itself within the next couple of years.  It's approximately 30' x 20', so lots of room!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Todd wants tomatoes, and I want to grow stuff to make salsa, so Roma tomatoes, cilantro, onions, jalopeno peppers and maybe garlic, but I think that takes a while.  I'm also going to plant a few other herbs.  I'll have to use containers this year since Todd has to leave today and he won't have time to build more raised beds.  The ground here is too hard (lots of rock underneath), so we can't plant things directly into the ground.  I've got lots of shopping to do and working for a few days, it will be Friday at the earliest that I'll be able to get any plants in it, but I'm VERY EXCITED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment