Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another trip

We were notified this morning that Todd' 97 year old grandmother, Rena, passed away this morning. Todd and I had gone to Pleasant Hill IL to get her to take her to Falls City NE for Nel's funeral, she also stayed for the wedding on Saturday and Todd's dad was taking her home Sunday and back to the nursing home on Monday. We don't know all the details, just that she passed away this morning at the hospital. (I also visited her late August/early September on my trip.)

So tonight we are going to get Kate in Stephenville and head to Pleasant Hill IL - her visitation is Wednesday and the funeral is Thursday. I'll miss Tab's wedding tomorrow, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do. I'm so glad we have neighbors who will watch the house and help take care of the dogs. Not sure how long we'll be gone.

At last Rena will be with her husband of 64 years, Homer, who passed away Jan 1997.
Photobucket

I had a feeling she wouldn't be around for Christmas, but I had no clue both her and Nel would be gone.
No obit yet, I'll post a link if I have internet access there.

No comments:

Post a Comment