Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkins and Dom's Birthday! 10/27/09

We decided to have the kids over to carve pumpkins for Halloween, and to celebrate our new step-grandson's birthday that was on the 21st. Not much went on, so I'll post pictures for your enjoyment!

First step was to clean out the pumpkins. The kids had lots of fun with that!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next, the kids picked what they wanted carved and the adults did the carving.
Photobucket

I didn't get too many pictures of that, but here are the finished projects!
Photobucket

Photobucket

We decided to have pizza delivered for supper.
Photobucket

Then we had cake and ice cream and watched Dom open his presents.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We all had a good time.

This week I'm starting to look for a job, again. There's not much out there! I did get a call from Alpine Access tonight. They have another opening, but the hours would be 10am to 6:30 pm, Monday through Saturday with either Tuesday or Thursday off. Training wouldn't start until Nov 21, we'd have off Thanksgiving and the day after, but wouldn't know about Christmas off until about a week before. Todd's not excited about it since I'd work most of the day on Saturday (he only works every other Saturday during the winter). And I think we'll need to go to see his Dad for Christmas this year - it will be a tough one since Nel and Grandma Rena are both gone now. I told them I'd get back to them in the next day or so, but will probably tell them I've decided not to take it.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) I'm meeting a friend for lunch, so that will be nice to catch up with her and to catch her up on all that's gone on with us in the last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment