Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday, Jan 10, 2010

Well, David is on his way to Iraq.   

It's still cold in central Texas - the coldest weather we've had since we moved here 11 years ago.  We're so not used to the cold weather, it's terrible!  I was talking to someone for work last week about the weather and they said "I suppose you had to go buy a coat?" .  I thought that was funny.  Since we moved from Nebraska we had coats, but I guess people think we don't ever need them here.  The most I wear is the poncho I made, but every once in a while it's not enough.   Todd won't let me put the electric blanket on the bed, so we have flannel sheets, two blankets, a comforter and a quilt. 

I worked more than 30 hours last week and was happy with that, but this coming week I'm only scheduled for 17, which is not enough, so I'm going to keep sending out resumes.  Wish me luck!!!

Brandon is doing good, I guess.  We haven't heard a whole lot from Kate since he's been home, but that's OK.  He's home and that's what's important.

Tab and Sam have been busy with the kids, working (Sam) and school (Tab).  We haven't seen a whole lot of them, but that's OK.  We talk on the phone often.  

Todd's work has been sold to another company, so next week will be interesting to see what all will be changed with that.  He's been browsing for another job just to see what's out there.  They were told everyone will keep their jobs, but that doesn't mean the new owners will not make any major changes.   Just another reason I'm glad we're debt-free except the house. 

That's all that's going on with us.  I've started on the last memory quilt which for us.  You can see information on that at my other blog here.

Today would have been Nel's 76th birthday, so we are going to call Larry later on today.  I would imagine this will be a hard day for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment