Monday, January 25, 2010

A quick post Monday Jan 25, 2010

I had to run to to the post office this morning to send off a purse I made, and on the way back home I saw a big bird in the river.  I got home, hopped out of the car and ran into the house to get my camera, but by the time I got back there, it was gone.  I decided to walk around and snap a few pictures anyway.

They are letting a lot of water out of Lake Georgetown, so the water is running pretty fast.



 

 

I heard some quacking from across the river, and saw this duck
 

 She saw me and decided to go for a swim, so I stood there and took a bunch of pictures
 









Apparently she liked getting her picture taken, because she came and stood less than two feet from me.
 
Actually, I think she was looking for something to eat.  I wished I would have taken a few pieces of bread with me.
 

 
After I took these pictures, I took a video of her, but the quality on my camera is pretty poor, so I won't post it.  I decided I had wasted enough time and decided to leave, but when I took the first step, she hissed at me!
 

This park is by the Georgetown Country Club, which is just a few blocks from our house.  The pictures I posted here are from the hike/bike trail that goes all through Georgetown and is on the other side of the house, but they are all connected.  Really neat to take walks on and lots of people go to the park by the Country Club to feed the ducks and fish.  Maybe sometime this week I'll head out early with my camera to see if I can get a picture of the big bird that was there earlier.  Todd and I saw it on the way home from church early one Sunday.

I'm still working on my resume and need to get it sent out for some jobs this week.  I'm only scheduled 15.5 hours for Alpine Access and that's just not enough.  I really like working at home, but I HAVE to have more hours.

This post  is also on the same trail, but going from the Country Club toward the interstate

Have a great week, everyone!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment